COVID-19 Updates: (3/30/2020)
To all band parents and students,Everything we do, as a band, is on hold until the social distancing requirement end. I continue to plan for the future despite the unknown, and I am preparing to resume “banding” as soon as social distancing ends. Below are my announcements for MS and HS band students.
1. A coordinated effort to collect the first three-week assignment and distribute new assignments is tentatively scheduled for next week at the HS. Please plan on turning in your 3-week practice logs at that time. A small number of students have emailed me their practice logs, that is OK, but I prefer them in the paper form next week.
2. Spring concert information: The HS band spring concert will NOT be performed on May 3rd. If possible, I would still like to have a senior banquet on May 3rd at 3 PM. I owe it to the seniors to recognize them and thank them in a public way before they graduate. More details about this will need to be discussed in the next few weeks.
3. Seniors need to check their email and respond to the senior awards survey I emailed weeks ago. Sixteen seniors have completed the task; the first five responses were from the officers demonstrating yet again their incredible leadership.
4. ALL HS band students need to check to see if your summer uniform fits. If you need a different size complete the form at https://airtable.com/shrD7gSaUIlQ3XArC
1. No turn-in dates for next week have been announced at the MS. If and when that date is announced, I prefer the records to be turned in at that time. Students can also email me their records firstname.lastname@example.org or send them in a dojo message.
2. The middle school spring concerts (grades 5-8) have not been cancelled yet, but it’s definitively possible.
3. 8th-grade parents need to visit https://airtable.com/shrD7gSaUIlQ3XArC and submit information for summer uniforms. 14 students have completed this; you can check to see if you submitted it at this link. https://airtable.com/shr8GrAybCg3pIZGp
This time of year is generally hectic planning concerts and end of year events. This time of separation has brought to light how much I miss the day to day work with the 240 musicians who make up the Parkway Band. I am hopeful we will gather together again very soon! Until then stay safe, stay home!
Welcome to the online home of the Parkway Local Schools Band Program located in Rockford, Ohio. The Parkway Band Program is a comprehensive band program serving nearly 250 students of the Parkway Schools in grades 5-12. We are proud to say that our band program boasts over a 30% enrollment within the district making It one of the largest band program in area. This website is intended to serve as a hub of information to our students, parents, and community. Thanks for visiting the Parkway Bands!